Listen Live on  

WiLD 95.5

The Palm Beaches' Hit Music

Woman Dead After iPhone Zap: Family

Woman Dead After iPhone Zap: Family
Posted Monday, July 15th 2013 @ 12pm  by Matt Cantor, Newser Staff

(NEWSER– The family of a 23-year-old Chinese woman says she was electrocuted when she answered her charging iPhone. The story has prompted an investigation into the death by Apple as it makes waves on Chinese social media, the Wall Street Journal reports. A local official says Ma Ailun's "neck had an obvious electronic injury." But it's not certain whether the phone, charger, or neither are to blame; nor is it clear which model iPhone she was using.

Read more from

Photo: Getty Images

Recommended Stories

More from WiLD 95.5