I could seriously eat Mexican food everyday for the rest of my life and be A-OK with it...so when I found this pulled pork burrito recipe for the CROCKPOT on Pinterest (via bevcooks.com) I was all over it.
I swapped out the pork with chicken (I'm not a huge fan of pork) and they turned out deeeelish!
Slow Cooker Pork Burritos:
What it took for 6:
* 1 (3.5 pound) pork butt roast, heavily trimmed of any excess fat (or a pound of chicken)
* 2 Tbs. cumin
* 2 Tbs. chili powder
* 1 pinch crushed red pepper
* 1/2 (14.5 oz) can hatch green enchilada sauce
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
* 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
* 3 cups baby kale leaves, divided
* 2-4 cups shredded gruyere cheese (or whatever kind of cheese you love!), divided
* 1 avocado, sliced
* 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
* 1 lime
* 6 large flour tortillas
KT TIP >>> I also added a small can of jalapenos and green chiles for extra kick
Place the pork roast in a slow cooker. Add the cumin, chili powder, crushed red pepper, a good pinch of salt and pepper, and the enchilada sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours.
During the last hour, take two forks and shred the meat in its collected juices. Add the black beans, stir to combine and let it finish cooking.
Heat the tortillas in the microwave, oven, toaster, whatevs.
Layer the meat, a little bit of kale, a couple Tbs. shredded cheese, a few cherry tomatoes and slices of avocado inside each warmed tortilla. Spritz with a little bit of lime juice and roll the burrito up.
Serve as is. OR, you could sprinkle a little more cheese on top of the burrito and throw it under the broiler for a few seconds like I did.
FINISHED PRODUCT = OM NOM NOM NOM